By Zack Rosenblatt | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com | Posted December 23, 2018 at 04:39 PM | Updated December 23, 2018 at 05:31 PM
NFC Playoff Standings
Here are the standings:
1. New Orleans Saints (12-2) — Would get first-round bye
2. Los Angeles Rams (11-3) — Would get first-round bye
3. Chicago Bears (10-4)
4. Dallas Cowboys (9-6)
5. Seattle Seahawks (8-6)
6. Minnesota Vikings (8-6-1)
OUTSIDE LOOKING IN
7. Eagles (8-7)
8. Washington Redskins (7-8)
9. Carolina Panthers (6-8)
Before we go team-by-team, a quick refresher on the first few steps of the NFL tie-breaking procedures for the division and wild card playoff spots.
(There are technically as many as 12 tie-breaking procedures for the division and 11 for wild card. You can find the full list/explanation here.)
Division: 1. Head-to-head, 2. Division record, 3. Record vs. common opponents, 4. Conference record
Wild Card: 1. Head-to-head, 2. Conference record, 3. Record vs. common opponents, 4. Margin of victory
Ron Jenkins | AP
Tiebreakers: 1. The Cowboys swept the two-game season series.
Analysis: For the Eagles to have a shot at the NFC East, they needed win out with the Cowboys losing their last two games. With Dallas’ win over the Buccaneers on Sunday, that is no longer a possibility.
Remaining schedule (analysis)
Remaining schedule (predictions)
- Week 17: at Giants (Loss): With the Cowboys beating the Buccaners, they clinched the NFC East, making it likely they rest most of their players against the Giants. Cowboys loss.
Final record: 9-7